Welding is a joining process that many people attempt to do! They produce poor welding joints simply due to poor selection of welding electrodes, amperage used and welding technique. Then they have to hire a professional to do the job properly which could cost hundreds of euros!
This course will help you to set up a welding process correctly and help you improve and perfect your welding techniques. If you want to sort out that garden bench or discover your inner artist and design a focal point for your garden by welding, this is your chance! This course is VERY popular so apply now.
On completion of this course you will be able to:
- Select the tools, materials and equipment required to complete a limited range of arc welding tasks
- Explain the functions of the various elements of manual metal arc welding equipment
- Set up manual metal arc welding equipment including cables, polarity, current, and electrodes
- Strike, break and maintain an arc
- Complete a range of manual arc welding tasks which include, lap joints, tee joints, corner Joints etc
- Apply the appropriate health, safety and personal hygiene procedures when using arc welding equipment
Start Date 4th October 6.00pm
- Thursday 4th, 11th, 18th and 25th October 6.00pm – 8.00pm
- Thursday 8th, 15th, 22nd and 29th November 6.00pm – 8.00pm