Care Skills QQI Level 5
This programme module aims to equip the learner with the skills, knowledge and competence to care for clients in a safe and hygienic environment. Learners will be able to:
- Recognize the different types of clients needing care, different types of care need and the differing care needs of clients.
- Develop the necessary knowledge to respond effectively to clients’ individual needs, with their involvement and their use of choice.
- Demonstrate practical skills in the area of client personal care.
- Utilise knowledge and skills required for the maintenance of a safe, healthy and hygienic environment for clients.
- Utilise the academic and vocational language, literacy and/or numeracy skills related to Care Skills through the medium of the indicative content.
October 7th, 14th, 21st
November 4th, 11th, 18th, 25th
December 2nd, 9th, 16th
January 6th, 13th, 20th, 27th
February 3rd, 10th
Monday 7th October @ 6.30pm
Examination fee of €20 is payable for non medical card holders for certification of the course. If you have a valid medical card you will be exempt from the examination fee but a copy of this must be emailed on application nightclasses@westportcfe.