10 Weeks – Wednesday – 6.30pm – 9.30pm
Are you one of those people who have an interest in looking what is under the bonnet of a car or looking at how a tractor works?
Agricultural Mechanics are concerned with fault finding, repair, overhaul and maintenance of farm tractors and farm machinery. The work of agricultural mechanics includes anything electrical or mechanical on the farm and ranges from the repair of agricultural tractors, light and heavy commercial trucks and vans, and farm machines.
Agricultural mechanics’ skills overlap with those of other crafts within the motor family of crafts, therefore they are equipped to carry out some repair work on ATVs (All-Terrain Vehicle – Quads) light and heavy commercial vehicles, earth moving equipment, forklift trucks and other vehicles.
This course gives you a starting point to further your knowledge in this area. It is also one module of a full Award in Motor Technology, which is offered as a full time course within the College, and can be used as such.
The participant will be competent in
- understanding the mechanics of engines
- using tools to carry out necessary tasks
- identifying problems with farm machinery and troubleshooting
- using lubricants to maintain an engine correctly
- be able to dismantle/remove components of an engine and reassemble same
- Manufacture a piece of steel work
- Wire a three pin and a seven pin plug/trailer socket
- Understand health and safety principles as they relate to agri-mechanics
- Assignment (60%)
- Exam (40%)
Course Dates – Wednesday – 6.30pm – 9.30pm
February 7th 21st 28th
March 7th 14th 21st
April 11th 18th 25th
***Monday April 30th 6:30pm -8:30pm (subject to change)
Examination fee of €20 is payable for non medical card holders for certification of the course. If you have a valid medical card you will be exempt from the examination fee but a copy of this must be emailed on application to email@example.com