16 Weeks – Mondays – 6.30pm – 8.30pm
Graphic Design is an area that permeates into a lot of disciplines; Interior design, garden layout , even advertising ,to name but a few. This course gives you a taster in all areas, from the conception of an idea to making it a reality through I.T. and using a software package.
The course enables you to have confidence in bringing an idea from it’s initial set up to a visual stage where one can see exactly what the concept is!
During the course participants will:
- Look at the history of graphic design
- Take a brief and carry out a design according to the brief
- Become familiar in I.T. packages associated with same
- Work with text and look at different fonts etc.
- Gain an understanding of the principles of Graphic Design
- Design a project from a brief
- Critically evaluate design work done
- Have an understanding of image, colour, layout and balance of design
- Develop and understand knowledge of typography, basic presentation skills and scale images
- Project (40%)
- Portfolio of work (60%)
Course Dates – Mondays – 6.30pm – 8.30pm
- October 9, 16, 23
- November 6, 13, 20, 27
- December 4, 11
- January 8, 15, 22, 29
- February 5, 19, 26
Examination fee of €20 is payable for non medical card holders for certification of the course. If you have a valid medical card you will be exempt from the examination fee but a copy of this must be emailed on application to email@example.com