16 Weeks – Tuesdays – 6.30pm – 8.30pm
This course is suitable for people who have an interest in working in the Health service area.
It will help equip them with the knowledge, skill and competency to prevent and control infection within their work area.
This course gives you a starting point to further your knowledge in this area. It is a QQI Level 5 Module and will enhance other qualifications you may hold in this area.
The participant will be competent in
- Understanding basic principles of Infection
- Having a knowledge of prevention and control
- Understanding the importance of procedures to cleaning, disinfection and sterilisation procedures
- Knowledge in or pertaining to blood viruses
- Understanding of antibiotics
- An in-depth knowledge of the importance of hand hygiene
- Examination and Portfolio based
Course Dates – Tuesdays – 6.30pm – 8.30pm
- October 10, 17, 24
- November 7, 14, 21, 28
- December 5, 12
- January 9, 16, 23, 30
- February 6, 20, 27
Examination fee of €20 is payable for non medical card holders for certification of the course. If you have a valid medical card you will be exempt from the examination fee but a copy of this must be emailed on application to email@example.com