10 Weeks Wednesday 6.30pm to 9.30pm
The purpose of this Certificate is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skills and competence to enable them to carry out Web Authoring.
During the course participants will endeavour to:
- Browser compatibility.
- Using correct tags for multimedia insertion.
- Examine procedures for uploading a website to a server.
- Insert scripts in HTML.
- Utilise various HTML and cascading style sheets (CSS) techniques tpo process and format images and text.
- produce site structure and site map.
- Insert a hit page counter into a website
- Create an interactive website.
- Ensure the site is accurately maintained and updated.
- Identify site objectives and potential target audience.
- Determining webpage size in terms of memory and constraints.
- Use debugging techniques to remove errors.
- Examination and Project based assessment
Course Dates – Thursday – 6.30pm – 9.30pm
Wednesday 31st January 6.30pm to 9.30pm
Wednesday 7th ,21st,28th February 6.30pm to 9.30pm
Wednesday 7th,14th 21st March 6.30pm to 9.30pm
Wednesday 11th April 6.30pm to 9.30pm
***Monday 9th April 6:30pm to 8:30pm (Subject to change)
Examination fee of €20 is payable for non medical card holders for certification of the course. If you have a valid medical card you will be exempt from the examination fee but a copy of this must be emailed on application to firstname.lastname@example.org