16 Weeks Wednesday 6.30pm – 8.30pm
Graphic Design is an area that permeates into a lot of disciplines; Interior design, garden layout , even advertising ,to name but a few. This course gives you a taster in all areas, from the conception of an idea to making it a reality through I.T. and using a software package.
The course enables you to have confidence in bringing an idea from it’s initial set up to a visual stage where one can see exactly what the concept is!
During the course participants will:
- Look at the history of graphic design
- Take a brief and carry out a design according to the brief
- Become familiar in I.T. packages associated with same
- Work with text and look at different fonts etc.
- Gain an understanding of the principles of Graphic Design
- Design a project from a brief
- Critically evaluate design work done
- Have an understanding of image, colour, layout and balance of design
- Develop and understand knowledge of typography, basic presentation skills and scale images
- Project (40%)
- Portfolio of work (60%)
Course Dates Wednesday – 6.30pm – 8.30pm
- October 10th, 17th and 24th
- November 7th, 14th, 21st and 28th
- December 6th and 13th
- January 9th, 16th, 23rd and 30th
- February 6th 13th and 20th
Wednesday 10th October at 6.30pm
Examination fee of €20 is payable for non medical card holders for certification of the course. If you have a valid medical card you will be exempt from the examination fee but a copy of this must be emailed on application to firstname.lastname@example.org