The course will be offered online for participants who may already be working as front line staff or those who wish to benefit from skills in this area.
For participation in the course it is necessary that you have wifi accessibility, use of a laptop, PC, tablet which will allow you to interact in an online class. There is a need for you to have a facility on your device to allow two – way video and audio interaction (webcam & microphone). Skills demonstrations will be recorded for the purpose of assessment and all participants will have access to PowerPoints, skills demonstrations and all information deemed relevant by the teacher.
Wednesday and Thursday Evenings 6.30pm-8.30pm & Saturday 2nd May 9am-6pm
This module will help equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competency to prevent and control infection within their work area.
This QQI Level 5 Module gives you a starting point to further your knowledge in this area and will enhance other qualifications you may hold in this area.
The participant will be competent in
- Understanding basic principles of Infection
- Having a knowledge of prevention and control
- Understanding the importance of procedures to cleaning, disinfection and sterilisation procedures
- Knowledge in or pertaining to blood viruses
- Understanding of antibiotics
- An in-depth knowledge of the importance of hand hygiene
- Examination/assessment and portfolio based
- April: Wednesday and Thursday 22nd & 23rd , 29th & 30th 6.30pm – 8.30pm
- May: Saturday 2nd 9am – 6pm
- May: Wednesday and Thursday 6th & 7th , 13th & 14th, 20th & 21st , 27th & 28th 6.30pm – 8.30pm
*There may be a slight variation in these dates.
Wednesday 22nd April @ 6.30pm
Examination fee of €20 is payable for non medical card holders for certification of the course. If you have a valid medical card you will be exempt from the examination fee but a copy of this must be emailed on application to email@example.com