Monday 6.30pm-9.30pm 11 weeks
This module will help equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competency to prevent and control infection within their work area.
This QQI Level 5 Module gives you a starting point to further your knowledge in this area and will enhance other qualifications you may hold in this area.
The participant will be competent in
- Understanding basic principles of Infection
- Having a knowledge of prevention and control
- Understanding the importance of procedures to cleaning, disinfection and sterilisation procedures
- Knowledge in or pertaining to blood viruses
- Understanding of antibiotics
- An in-depth knowledge of the importance of hand hygiene
- Examination/assessment and portfolio based
- October 4th, 11th, 18th
- November: 1st, 8th, 15th, 22nd, 29th
- December: 6th, 13th, 20th
*There may be a slight variation in these dates.
Monday 4th October @ 6.30pm
Examination fee of €20 is payable for non medical card holders for certification of the course. If you have a valid medical card you will be exempt from the examination fee but a copy of this must be emailed on application to firstname.lastname@example.org