This is a one year, full time course running from September to May.
Successful completion of this course will result in a Level 6 QQI Certificate in Tourism with Business, 6M5012.
- A Leaving Certificate, Leaving Certificate Applied or Equivalent is required
- Exemptions applicable to mature students over age of 23
Entry is subject to interview
Modules include the following:
- Tourism Policy and Practice 6N2106
- Communications 6N1950
- Work Experience 6N1946
- Front Office Skills 6N4186
- Web Authoring 6N2532
- Word Processing 6N4977
- Hotel Front Office Supervision
- Guest Speakers and Class visits are arranged throughout the year.
- Students can also avail of extracurricular activates organised by student council.
Upon successful completion of this course, learners may be eligible to apply through the CAO and/or the Higher Education Links Scheme for entry to a range of higher certificate and degree programmes at Institutes of Technology and Universities.
Applicants are asked to pay a non-refundable €50 Administration/Application fee on submission of their Application Form. Once you have applied you will be called for an interview within a few weeks. QQI examination fees cost €50, although Medical Card holders are exempt from paying this fee on production of a valid medical card. Books and essential class materials may also be required. A €200 Government levy will apply on acceptance of a place on PLC course, but medical card holders and those in receipt of a maintenance grant will be exempt. A €50 Student Services fee also applies.