Barbering Techniques QQI Level 5
Tuesday 6.30pm-9.30pm 11 weeks
The purpose of this module is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence to use barbering techniques within the hairdressing and barbering industry, operating independently while under general supervision.
On completion of the Training Module learners will be able to:-
1. Apply health and safety procedures when carrying out a service for a male client in a salon.
2. Use effectively the range of tools and equipment necessary when carrying out a service on a male client in a salon.
3. Discuss scalp and skin conditions and disorders.
4. Consult with a male client to discuss their requirements in a salon.
5. Demonstrate a range of cutting techniques as applied to men’s hairstyles.
6. Discuss men’s beards and demonstrate the cutting to a man’s beard to achieve the desired facial shape.
Please note, students must bring along their own model
February 4rd, 11th, 25th
March 3nd, 10th, 24th, 31st
April 21st, 28th
Tuesday January 28th @ 6.30pm
Examination fee of €20 is payable for non medical card holders for certification of the course. If you have a valid medical card you will be exempt from the examination fee but a copy of this must be emailed on application to firstname.lastname@example.org