This programme module aims to equip the learner with the design and development knowledge and skills needed to work within the creative industries such as fashion , costume and film, textiles and the arts.
- Examine and understand the principles underpinning fashion and trend forecasting.
- Explore the processes of selecting garment styles that will perform well at retail level.
- Explore a range of different fabrics and garment production methods.
- Examine the relationship between fabric, design, garment construction and production and how these factors impact on the final product price.
- Understand the critical path of a garment from inception through to production and final placement in a retail setting.
- Demonstrate a broad range of skills and tools used by fashion buyers in the selection of an appropriate fashion product mix.
- Investigate the fashion product through study of historical and contemporary garments, styles and fabrics.
- Apply presentation skills as a tool for effective visual communication.
- Demonstrate creativity and self expression through fashion and textile design and selection.
- Reflect on the developments that have occurred through the history of fashion and how these events have shaped contemporary clothing design.
October 4th, 11th, 18th
November 1st, 8th, 15th, 22nd, 29th
December 6th, 13th, 20th
*Extra fee payable for course materials
Examination fee of €20 is payable for non medical card holders for certification of the course. If you have a valid medical card you will be exempt from the examination fee but a copy of this must be emailed on application to email@example.com