The purpose of this award is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence to complete all stages involved in the process of planning and development of interactive multimedia projects.
Learners will be able to:
- Explain the concepts of pre-production, navigation flowcharts and storyboards
- Identify file formats compatible with authoring software both for import and export
- Identify various methods of duplication and distribution of post-production projects
- Distinguish between linear and non-linear projects
- Import text files, graphic files, digital movie files and audio files
- Utilise the work area, tool boxes, palettes, project window and commands in a multimedia authoring software environment 2
- Incorporate textual, graphic, audio, digital movie and animation elements in a project window
- Utilise navigational controls and or scripts to start, pause, continue, stop, jump, loop and respond to button clicks, rollovers
- Use a range of multimedia authoring techniques to optimise the size and performance of a project.
- Follow a production plan and schedule or timetable for all stages of the production process ensuring adherence to deadlines
- Test the product at various stages of production
- Compose instruction guidelines for the successful running of the project in the form of simple Read Me files
- Prepare a project and associated files for distribution.
January 26th 6.30pm-9.30pm
February 2nd, 9th, 23rd
March 2nd, 9th, 16th, 23rd
April 13th, 20th, 27th
Tuesday 26th January @6.30pm
Examination fee of €20 is payable for non medical card holders for certification of the course. If you have a valid medical card you will be exempt from the examination fee but a copy of this must be emailed on application to nightclasses@westportcfe.